We all know exercise is good for us – good for our physical health and our metal wellbeing. We all feel better for it. But it can be really hard to motivate ourselves to actually do it.
So to help get you going, here are our top tips for motivating yourself to exercise:
- Make it manageable. Don’t set yourself unachieveable goals – you will only be disappointed if you fail.
- Make it different. Do something different each day so you don’t get bored. Whatever you enjoy – walking, running, cycling, skipping, yoga or a Joe Wick’s workout!
- Make it fun. Play loud music. Do it together, as a family. If you enjoy it, you are more likely to want to do it.
- Get outside into the fresh air. There’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad sports kit! So don’t let a bit of rain stop you – dress up warm, put on your waterproofs and get out there.
- Do it for a good cause, like Home-Start, so you are helping others at the same time. This will make you feel doubly good!
We want to encourage all the families in Wokingham Borough to do some exercise, just a small bit, each day and at the same time help give vulnerable children a better start in life.
So we are setting you a challenge …
Can you do 25 minutes of exercise a day for 25 days?
We bet you can! It doesn’t have to be consecutive days – you have have the odd day off. And it can be any exercise you want – you choose!
If you are up for the 25 Day Challenge please print off the form below and tick each day off as you go.
Tell your family and friends you are doing it and ask them to sponsor you. If you raise just £25 that would go towards supporting a family for a week which would be AMAZING!!!
Please let us know you are doing the challenge by contacting Amy on 07780 682565 or firstname.lastname@example.org . She will help you set up a fundraising page with Local Giving so you can send the link to your friends and family.
We’d love you to send us photos or short videos clips of you doing the challenge by whatsapp to the above number.
And why not encourage your friends to do the 25 Day Challenge too – the more the merrier!
Thank you so much for your support – it will make a real difference.