There is no rulebook for raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if your family is going through difficult times.
If you have at least one child under 5 and would like support please contact Home-Start Wokingham District on 0118 988 8025.
If you are a parent with at least one child under the age of five then we may be able to help you.
Do you ever feel like this?
- Isolated in your community, with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- Suffering with post-natal illness but finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- Having a hard time coping with your child’s illness
- Overwhelmed by the death of a loved one
- Struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having young children
- Struggling to cope with a disability or relationship problems
- Tired, unhappy, exhausted
Maybe you need someone to talk to
Someone who won’t judge you; a shoulder to cry on or perhaps someone to play with or read to your children; maybe a bit of support to make or keep medical appointments, do the shopping, visit the park, or to find out what else is available locally. You decide…
If you ask for Home-Start’s help you can be sure of total confidentiality and support from staff and volunteers who are well trained and trustworthy. All staff and volunteers have an enhanced level criminal records check.
Having a friend can be one of the most enriching and supportive relationships in a person’s life …and it can easily be taken for granted.
At Home-Start Wokingham District we value friendship.